• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

commercial block dimensions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

athlonnerd

for my testing project im doing, i need to make replicas of commercially blocks. im milling em out of aluminum. im not going to buy one of every model available, so i need yall to help me by taking dimensions of blocks if yall have any.

these blocks would include:

dangerden:

maze1
maze2
maze3

maxXxpert:

MXL-MIRO

swiftech:

MCW462-U
MCW5000

or any other commercial blocks yall want me to test.

im good with cad, but if yall can sraw them, it would be appreciated.

are you sure you know what your up for? And what are you gonna do? just test them? I would be willing to borrow you my maze3 for testing if thats all you want to do..

testing commercial blocks will be easy, theirmostly designd to be easily manufactured. look at the maze 1 for intsance, its jsut a couple of passes on a mill. i dont need the actual block, jsut the dimensions if you wouldnt mind takign them.

The differences between most blocks is very small, and by testing a block you made LIKE a maze2 may not be representative of how the REAL block would perform.

yeah, i understand that, but what im aiming for is to test all block, in alumiunum, seeing as the performance differences will be the same if you made them all out of copper, granted a maze2 i alumiunm will be worse than a gemini of copper, but the performace difference between the two will scale the same if you go from copper to al.

or maybe you could get dden to throw an aluminum block in along with the copper ones and have them make you one? Its much too difficult to do not on a cnc,

Back