• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mem prob with BX133 Raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

Howdy Y'All,
Well I'm starting off the new year with work (that's good) The prob is some memory to be reckognised.
I had a stick of pc133 128mb, and tried a stick of 256mb, but the stick wasn't reckognised, so I tried it with just the new stick, and all winxp would show is 128, even during post all you see is 128. Is there some known issue with the order placemnt with the mem? Abit's site shows that the board will handle up to 700(and something) mb's of ram.
Anybody out there that has run into this prob and knows how to fix it ?
Thanks in advance:cool:

yeah 768MB max...

is the RAM you hvae single sided?
Or high density? as a BX board cant read 256MB high density sticks.

Oh Man I never even thought about high density sticks.
I haven't fiddled with BX chipsets for a long while...I hope my customer can get his $ back.
Only single sided sticks will work then? Maybe I can trade him a couple of 128's I have lying around.
Thanks again for the help.
DocClock

no single sided sticks WONT work
as the board can only read 128MB max per bank
the BX also has problems with large amounts (over 128 MB) of High Density RAM

it can only read 128mb per bank? i have a stick of pc133 256mb crucial cas2 and it recognizes it fine.

advanR said:
it can only read 128mb per bank? i have a stick of pc133 256mb crucial cas2 and it recognizes it fine.

SDRAM has two banks per stick,
so its almost if it is not really a 256Megs stick but rather 2 128MB sticks....

and that is also the reason a 512MB stcik will only be read as a 256MB stick in a BX board, the stick would have 2 banks of 256, but the board can only read 128MB from each bank

Back