• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RDRAM capable of 1200 MHz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

batboy

Senior Moment
Looking for good quality RDRAM that has a proven reputation of reaching at least 1200 MHz. I'm talking about the standard 184 pin RIMMs that you use in pairs, not the 32 bit 232 pin stuff. I'm hearing that some Samsung PC1066 will hit that, but then I get conflicting stories that at least half of the PC1066 RDRAM modules won't run those speeds. Thanks in advance.

I have Kingston 16-bit PC-1066 that are doing 156/4x right now in a P4T-E. Totally clean in Memtest. These are the Samsung 32-ns chips, I believe (.A00).

However I have yet to hear others vwith such luck, so maybe they can't, or maybe no one's trying them.

I'm curious if anyone has tried the latest Samsung labeled sticks (PC-1066, 32-ns, -CT9s), with batch date 0246 or later.

There is a good possibility the latest PC800-40ns, single-sided may do as high as 156/4x also.

im running some real old samsung 35ns pc1066 @ 1200- 1240.
what really helped was a vmem. mod. im pretty sure its capable of 1280 but my cpu keeps crappin out... ocz has some 184 pin 30ns pc1200 sticks out. Ill bet that stuff cranks

Well, thanks to Flapperhead's post, I found some OCZ PC1200 for sale at atacom.com and I'm trying to decide if I wanna try it. I've heard of some people having poor luck with the OCZ DDR RAM. I have an OCZ GF3 vid card that's 15 months old and it's been a great product. Maybe I'll try the OCZ PC1200 RDRAM and write up a review about my results, since I have some extra cash to blow.

Let us know how it goes.

I would have recommended the Samsung modules, but at the least, this ram should be checked at the mentioned speed. That is worth something.

Batboy, don't know how much that OCZ ram is, but I think a good bet is getting some Kingston or Samsung PC1066 from Newegg, since they usually have the latest stock. They should be the -CT9, 32-ns stuff and I'm guessing they do at least 154/4x. If you see the Samsung web site engraved on the heatsink, it's the latest stuff.

Atacom.com is selling 256 meg OCZ PC1200 RDRAM for $140 and Newegg.com sells 256 meg Samsung PC1066 RDRAM for $109 (except they're out of stock right now). If I were sure the Sammy stuff would do 1200 MHz, I'd go for it.

Back