• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Updated pics of core..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UnLoadeD

A bit of nibbler action for some extra breathing room in front. Notice the missing USB and Fan Contoller:
front1.jpg

Some cut/clamp/glue luvin:
front2.jpg

A sexy shroud I must say 8)
front3.jpg

And from a different angle:
front4.jpg

Still haven't finalized the filter and bezel plan. But I'll use some type of filtration, leaning towards one of those electrostatic ones like I have in my furnace. They are basically 3 layers of mesh and the airflow causes the static which grabs dust. Not sure how restrictive it would be tho. Alos the original filter guard will be modded to allow more flow, along wih the bezel. More pics as I go.

peace.
unloaded

UnLoadeD said:
A bit of nibbler action for some extra breathing room in front.
Still haven't finalized the filter and bezel plan. But I'll use some type of filtration, leaning towards one of those electrostatic ones like I have in my furnace. They are basically 3 layers of mesh and the airflow causes the static which grabs dust. Not sure how restrictive it would be tho. Alos the original filter guard will be modded to allow more flow, along wih the bezel. More pics as I go.

peace.
unloaded
Very nice!! Like the shroud! If you go do home depot or similar, the 3M air filters for the furnace come in 3 or 4 different grades... The highest one or the best, is very free flowing and has excellent filtration. They aren't cheap though but if you cut one up, it would last a long time.

Very nice! I did something similar with G-10 fiberglass. Mounted my fan on the outside of the shroud pushing air..

air filter

Might want to look into a K&N air filter for lawn mowers for filtration. they use a light oil coating to remove dust and crap. I had one on my old computer, worked really well.

Just a though ;)

Twisted Metal

You might have made the shroud smaller and placed the fans outside, thus reducing the unwanted "spiralling" of air (turbulence) on the sides of the fan in the shroud.

Still nice looking job m8, I did a few acrylic shrouds myself (however for 2 120 fans side-by-side). What is that Acrylic Cement you used for glueing? Is it parchaps similar to pieces of acrylic melted in acetone? Does that stuff mel the 2 pieces a bit so that there's better contact??

love the shroud wish I could fit one in my case but my res is to big so I bolted my 120 to the rad itself

The Spyder said:
wait, what rad is that?

Judging from the plugged top holes, I'd venture that is the LUV Pickup one that has been discussed lately. Don't get too excited, it's pretty pricey compared to the Chevette one.

Hoot

It's for Chevy LUV pickup truck. It cost $47 at O'Reilly Auto Parts. I got the GDI one coz it was quite a bit cheaper than the FEDCO one. Its strange coz GDI isnt always cheaper, just depends on the model on which brand is cheaper, so be sure and check both when you are shopping.

cool ty
does that fit infront of the hdd rack if u were to put it in without fan if so im gonna do that and make the hdd rack contain hdd's and duct it to a semi power ful 120...

No, I had to remove the bottom HD rack and the bracket in bottom of case where it mounts. I also had to remove the usb ports and turn the fan controller upside down. It does fit nicely in the top of the case, without having to cut away any of the frame. Also you wouldnt have to mode the core with the barbs like i did. So it would be much easier. I just wanted to have it there if at all possible because the top of my case has a cutout:
sunblow1.jpg

This thread has more pics of the core showing how tigh the fit is.

peace.
unloaded

Back