• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want to help me build a intel setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jstutman

Hello all of you intel fan =)

Today i would like to be intruduced to the intel world. I have always been a amd fan since my first computer. It was a pentium 3 500mhz, it gave me more problems than i have ever had. my amd setups are simple not that. Never had a problem there. So im giving intel another shot. Maybe there p4 is better. maybe not. i will decide. What i would like everyone who reads this is help me build one. here is an example of my amd set up

epox 8k3a+
via kt333 chipset
ddr memory
xp 2200+

if that makes any since to you intel fans :)

I would like to stick with DDR ram if intel offers it, if rambus ? is better than sure. i would be loooking for a M.B and a processor. i have heard from people about a 1.8a chip that is like extremely overclockable? i also would like the newer chip. i believe they are northwood and something else. I want the newer one please. a m.b in the lines of where it could be used for future upgrades, kinda like how the new n-force amd boards are compatible with the new clawhammers coming out. if there is more info you guys request i will continue to check this post and keep everyone up to date on my new install. thats alot everyone for you time reading this post. AND maybe YOU can turn me away from the darkside.

Well, budget is everything in intel setup, how much (on proc and mobo) are u willing to spend? Your Corsair ddr 400 is fine, there are lots of ddr boards available from intel.

i will say in the 300$ range. i would like to get the 1.8a chip since it can go up to 2ghz =) from what i here.

The 1.8a can do alot more than 2 gigs. Mine's at 2.66 at 1.525 bios voltage (2.6 actual) and that's with the stock heatsink no as3 either just cheap thermal goop. Also my power supply is holding me back but I'm getting a new one soon.

Nothing is compatible with the clawhammers (Athlon 64). It's going to be a totally different socket, and the processor is going to have the memory controller integrated in it, instead of in the northbridge.

I've heard of a site (forget what it's called) that sells guaranteed 1.8 C1 chips. C1's are the ones that have a good chance over overclocking VERY high! But they charge over $200 for it which is BS.

Back