• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About to put cooling sytem together

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2364

Hey am about to put my water cooling system together and wanted to get some dos and donts of water cooling, so that i do not screw something up....

Leak tested everything?

Don't push down on tubing on your waterblock if its all ready been mounted, you'll crush your core.

k thanks guys, i probaly would have mounted it and then put the tubes on....

i pressure and leak test the stuff i make basicly if i buy a part i just kinda check it out i dont normally buy blocks and my sys is external evap so it always leeks... ...hahah kinda supposed to on an evap ok nvm. yah leak test then mount then make sure one last time everything fits with components and then finish the job ull be supprised sometime how that hose doesnt want to wrap around ur hdd.

When I fill my resevior do i just, fill the resevior or do i run the pump while i am poring so that the tubes and resevior will fill up?

Becarefull of your block pressure. I lost a XP2000 (about 20 min old) in under 5 seconds because my pressure was not enough to make good contact. OOPS.

Back