• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

kingston or samsung pc2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3

i wanna get a stick of 512mb pc2700 ram, the prices of the kingston and samsung both at cas 2.5 are very close at newegg, which would be the better overclocker/performer?

i've had good luck with both,
and most ppl will probably say Samsung.

tho i've had some crappy samsung chips on more than one occasion.

I'd probably go with the Kingston. These are probably the Samsung DTL chips which usually don't do very well.

i have never used kingston but i do have a 256meg strip of true sammy pc2700 that i bought from newegg for $70. and it is running fsb of 193@386mhz. good stable ram.

I've got a stick of 2700, 512 Samsung that I'm running on an Asus A7N8X Deluxe with a 2700+ Tbred B. Can you tell me what setting would be considered ideal for this stick and where on the Samsung site I would find their suggestions. Thanks,:)

shogan191 said:
I've got a stick of 2700, 512 Samsung that I'm running on an Asus A7N8X Deluxe with a 2700+ Tbred B. Can you tell me what setting would be considered ideal for this stick and where on the Samsung site I would find their suggestions. Thanks,:)

have never been to sammys web sight.

depends on how you whant to use the ram. you can set the memorey timings high(agressive) and get good performance or you can run relaxed timings, that will let you reach higher fsb speeds. all ram sticks are differant and respond different.

my timings are on the sticky, started by pinky:
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143442

I say Samsung, my stick sits happily at 174 FSB. But my brothers stick won't post above 145. Its trial and error, you could get a good/bad stick with either Kingston or Samsung...

i've had my two 256m sticks of sammy 2700 up to 195 with the timings set at normal and vdimm 2.7......or fastest @ 175 same vdimm.....thinking about cranking up the juice to see what they can really do

i'd definatley go sammy over kingston

Back