• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

computer spec mess up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssprncvegeta

i wanna get a new mobo.

i have a pentium4 socket478, 400FSB williamette. any chance it'll work in a motherboard that's socket 478, 533FSB, northwood?

the mobo will have agp8x. anyone know if the asus e7205 has any problems?
http://usa.asus.com/mb/socket478/p4g8x-d/overview.htm

it'll have Hyperthreading Technology, will my old CPU still work? if not, will a Pentium4 533FSB, socket 478,work that is WITHOUT Hyperthreading Technology?

what about dual-ddr(DDR-II). when will stores hold dual-ddr(DDR-II)?

AGP8X. are there still problems with the AGP8X?

anyways. i want AGP8X, 533FSB, Hyperthreading Technology COMPATIBLE, USB 2.0, ATA 133 or faster, and dual-DDR

Socket 478 Willy's will have no problem working in Northwood boards.

You dont need HT to use the board, they are simply inplying that tha board support HT CPU's....

Although if you are not getting a new CPU with that motherboard, i sugest you wait. AS intel will be moving to an 800FSB (200x4) very soon. So without upgrding your CPU at the same time, that upgrde is not worth your money

how fast u think the first 800FSB P4 will be? 3.4GHz? 3.6GHz?

thanks a TON with the stuff just one more thing...

can a Pentium4 in ANY motherboard with different FSB and form(like williamette and northwood) as long as the socket is the same? even if it bottlenecks?

btw, gg with Rejected. GO YOU!

how fast u think the first 800FSB P4 will be? 3.4GHz? 3.6GHz?

thanks a TON with the stuff just one more thing...

can a Pentium4 in ANY motherboard with different FSB and form(like williamette and northwood) as long as the socket is the same? even if it bottlenecks?

btw, gg with Rejected. GO YOU!:cool: :cool: :cool:

it should be a 3.2Ghz CPU on the 800FSB with slower (as low as 2.4GHz) to be released shortly after...

As long as it is the same socket and has the FSB support it will work almost all the time as the motherboard manufactors know about up an coming CPUs... so they design with the future in mind. Some low quaility boards wont have the proper BIOS for all CPU's or wont be able to provide the proper voltage.

Northwoods and Willys are the same CPU, just the Northwood is an updated Version of the core, more cache and a die srink. So they all (in therory) are compatible

Rejected, the funniest cartoon ever :D

will a 400fsb CPU work if the mobo is 533compatible always work?

what if my computer is a compaq? i've never seen an update for bios, but it's pretty new. about a month months old.

i was wondering if i could just get the new mobo thats compatible with the one i got now, 1.8GHz, 400FSB, socket 478, or will the 800FSB be a higher socket number?

400FSB CPU will work in 533FSB Mootherboards 99% of the time because they stil support 400FSB....

As for the Compaq question... well thats when quaility becomes a problem. Compaq doesnt want you to upgrade. They want you to buy another Compaq.

the Asus board you are looking at will work with your Current CPU.
But the Power Supply may not. And the case will also probly have to go as Compaq does not used standard parts making upgrading VERY difficult....

But the CPU is good :)

the 800FSB boards will still be socket 478

do you think the sockets will go from 478 to something higher like the first set of P4s did with the socket 423 to the socket 478. b/c i dun wanna get the 478 800FSB when it will get higher then get screwed over if i wanna upgrade again.

i had a HP, and OMG, they are IMPOSSIBLE to upgrade. IT HAD A 256MB 100MHZ MAX FOR RAM!!!!!!!!

so if i wanted to upgrade my computer with 100% guarantee to work, i'd get a new mobo, preferably that asus, and a new atx case?

will any mobo fit a atx?

Back