• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird memory? =s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raven

RAM Type SDRAM
RAM Size 128 Mb
RAM Frequency 100.2 MHz
CAS# Latency 3.0 clocks
RAS# to CAS# 3 clocks
RAS# Precharge 3 clocks
DRAM Idle Timer 16 clocks
# of memory modules 1
Module 0 SDRAM PC133 - 256 Mb

doesnt that look weird?? says the size is 128 Mb but it recognizes it as 256 MB..... anyone can help me on this??? im running the ram on a BH6 mobo and its NCP ram....there is no other ram in there and its in the first slot...

if it has to do with a bios update, can anyone point me into the right direction on where to get the update???

raven

some older motherboards dont correctly recognize modules over 128 megs. i ran into this while working with pentium 2s. if i tried to use a 256 meg module it would only show up as 64 or 128 in the bios post.

man.. that sucks... but my mobo manual states that it can run 256 meg moduals.....

even tho that the bios isnt recognizing it.... just wondering if in reality.. i am actualyl using up 256 instead of 128..

another though......if windows tells u u have access to the full 256 megs then the 128 u are seeing can be a few things. it could be the amount of memory windows has cached, or it could be telling u how much memory there is on each bank. some motherboards list different banks of memory as being seperate even though they reside on the same physical memory stick

i right click my computer > properties and it stats i have 128
i go to task manager, and it states ive got 130616 k of physical memory..

in sandra, it says its a 256 meg modual, and bank 0 has 128 and bank 1 has 128

the bios is the newest for toe boared.. its the -SS bios.. if anyone knows of a different bios i shoudl use that might correct this, plz tell me.

Back