• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A noobish idea

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elite

What would happen lets say if you put ur whole computer in a fridge and kept the temps around 10 C not freezing or anything but nice and cold. Would there be problems with Condensation if your whole computer was in the Fridge? I dont see how because it would have no contact with room temperature right? Fill me in.....

Do a search in the extreme forum. Tons of posts on this there.

-Toysrme

it would not work to well due to the fact that fridges are not meant to have a constant eat sorce introduced, they are meant to cooling things, not to cool a heat sorce...You see, theres no air flow in the case to remove the heat~ You would do better using it in a watercooling setup.

Yeah good explantion spyder i get what you mean.

Perhaps a water chiller? That goes beyond my exploration of cooling cause I don't want to deal with condensation yet.

Maybe when I become more obsessed about OC'ing.

isn't there a pray you can use to prevent condensation. I read ot somewhere on another article where the guy put it ina friidge. It's prolly not that strong, but heck it'll prolly work if you could hold the frdge at 10 deg.

well condensation is one thing. But id like to see whats left of all your capacitors after sitting in near freezing temperature for a while. :)

Frodo Baggins said:
isn't there a pray you can use to prevent condensation. I read ot somewhere on another article where the guy put it ina friidge. It's prolly not that strong, but heck it'll prolly work if you could hold the frdge at 10 deg.

Hooking up my water system to a fridge soon, if you know that prayer then please share it. :D

Well if you have a fridge near the rig, you could put your rad in there, i think it would give you good temps!!

Back