• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap h20 setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elite

How does this look? i have no mounting holes for a normal h20 block this is all i could find besides the swiftech mcw-5000A clipped one(evil, it cracked my last 2700+) so im staying away from those dang heavy duty spring clips. This kit looks simple but not that bad how do you think it would perform?http://becooling.safeshopper.com/24/cat24.htm?805

As far as my guess at what kind of results you can expect? I would say don't bet on it being better than good air cooling.

if i were going to get this package i would go with a larger passively cooled heat exchanger, so it would be a silent cooler other than the pump. i doubt performance would be a virtue of this setup. good luck shopping. :)

You have absolutely no need to upgrade to watercooling at this point with your current setup. I would wait until there was new software that would tax your system enough to warrant upgrading to a new MB and get one with mounting holes.

yeah i think im getting the Asus A7N8X mobo with mounting holes, i think these are mounting holes that i can see Check out this pic and tell me if they are http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...=22&manufactory=1315&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1 the one im getting is the 124.99 one look at the pics on it, those are mounting holes right. Since im getting mounting holes what h2o setups do you guys recomend under 160 dollars including Radiator, WB, Pump, Resevoir(if i need one) Some Suggestions would be nice, Thank You. BTW my last h20 system crapped out on me, it was crap so im looking towards a new one.

Nevermind, I'm blind (damn resolution is set too high)

Upon closer inspection the a7n8x DOES have mounting holes, please disregard what I said!

No you were right saying my Kt4 Ultra doesnt have mounting holes cause it doesn't but this new one does, i think before you were talking about my Kt4 right? But that a7n8x does. Any good h20 systems that are under 180 that i can buy?? Easy to setup as well? Know i can have a WB with mounting holes.

It depends on your definition of "good" system. Quiet? Cooler than air?

Many times a h20 kit will perform "only" as well as an excellent albeit noisy air cooling option. Up to you.

I think if you just want to squeeze some more OC out of your system you might try upgrading to a better heatsink.

You could save the money for new WC hardware when new hardware (and software for that matter) comes out and you want to upgrade to watercooling.

If you are set on buying a kit try some of the more robust ones with 1/2" fitting throughout. MInimize 90-degree elbows when you can and beware that polycarbonate/acrylic have higher chances of leaking than metal.

Back