• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

does your max2 v2, say v2.0 on the mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kiltz

ocsystem_1720_3034343

i just saw this pic and noticed it says v2.0 on it. the box my mobo came in says ver 2.0 but on my actual mobo it just says Abit IT7-Max2.

If you have version 2. does it say v2.0 on your board like in the pic? grrrr if i got the wrong one :mad: :mad:

You can be relaxed, the IT7-MAX2 v2 isn´t black and it don´t have "v2" printed on the mobo.

The one in the picture is only a demo-ex.

All the v2´s are brown-yellow so people can see the difference between v1 and v2

I have a v2 and reacted exactly like you when I got mine

kiltz said:

i just saw this pic and noticed it says v2.0 on it. the box my mobo came in says ver 2.0 but on my actual mobo it just says Abit IT7-Max2.

If you have version 2. does it say v2.0 on your board like in the pic? grrrr if i got the wrong one :mad: :mad:

mine had a sticker on the box saying v2 but nothing else did. My board didnt either and i was wondering the exact same thing. i was thinking they sent me the wrong board. glad to know im not the only one. mines brownish-yellowish btw

How are you guys liking your Max 2.0? Was it easy or very difficult to set up the Bios and Windows XP? Easy or difficult for a beginner to set up?

Sorry kiltz for hijacking your thread a bit, but I am wondering how you and the other Max 2.0 owners are liking the board and set up.

EmTSea19 said:
How are you guys liking your Max 2.0? Was it easy or very difficult to set up the Bios and Windows XP? Easy or difficult for a beginner to set up?

Sorry kiltz for hijacking your thread a bit, but I am wondering how you and the other Max 2.0 owners are liking the board and set up.

To setup the BIOS is very easy for a beginner, the only thing that you might need to regulate is the speed of the CPU, The 533mhz bus CPU are shown as 400mhz so it´s easy to change in SoftMeny III.

You only connect everything and there you go.

Are you going to overclock??

I don't know if I am going to overclock or not. I just read in a review that set up was very hard for a beginner. I am glad you make is sound easier.

this was my first actual OCin board. all my previous boards were intel and i regret each one :mad: because you couldnt overclock . .

but for a n00b at OCin, it was very easy to setup the bios. abits manuals are pretty good at explaning the different options. the hardest thing for me was figuring out the different mem ratios. i had to get a calculator to figure some out :p

the other way to tell is about Ver2 is number of capacitors near P4 retention brackets..there are 5...

Also the bios will tell you it is an 845PE chipset

BTW..the board is very easy to setup IMHO

Back