• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Albatron PX845Pev pro and MBM 5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob63

Registered
MBM5 seams to be reading my CPU temp about 15C low compared to the BIOS. For example under no load the BIOS reads 37C case/37C CPU while MBM reads 37/21. I'll assume the BIOS is more accurate, correct me if I'm wrong. Has any else had to make a correction, and how much? Also are there any better programs then MBM or should I just make the correction.

Yeah MBM read some wacky temperatures off of my PEV at first (I wasn't prepared to believe the cpu was at 70C). I think you have to set it to use the #3 non-Winbond sensor -- or it could be #2, I'll check when I get home. Just try all 6 cpu temperature sensors; whichever gives you the most believable temperature is the correct one.

yeah it was reading some weird # when i first used mbm. untill i played with the sensors. i use on sensor 1 winbond 1 and sensor 2 winbond 3. those are accurate readings when i tried to compare it with my bios.

I agree, sensor 1(case) with winbond1 and sensor 2 (CPU) with winbond 3. This is a good match of the BIOS readings. What troubles me is that both MBM and the BIOS report the case temps to be about 1 or 2 deg C higher then the CPU temp, seems backwards.

Back