• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pirate252

I have two questions...

One on my board the defalt voltage on my corsair XMS3200C2 shows up as 1.6, is that right or is the default voltage for that chip 1.5?

my other question is, is it dangous to set my vdimm to 2.7? my system seems to overvolt a little i dont know if its the probes or the actual voltage (like i set my VCore to 1.775 and i get a reading of 1.824) so i dont know if i want to increase the vdimm or not, i dont seem to be having stablility problems, but i want to decrease there chance of happening...

pirate252 said:
I have two questions...

One on my board the defalt voltage on my corsair XMS3200C2 shows up as 1.6, is that right or is the default voltage for that chip 1.5?

my other question is, is it dangous to set my vdimm to 2.7? my system seems to overvolt a little i dont know if its the probes or the actual voltage (like i set my VCore to 1.775 and i get a reading of 1.824) so i dont know if i want to increase the vdimm or not, i dont seem to be having stablility problems, but i want to decrease there chance of happening...
The 1.5 you speak of should be your Video Card voltage, the stock voltage for your ram is 2.5. You will be fine with 2.7 on the ram.

yeah sorry i must have messed up typing i meant 2.5 ;) But the a7n8x defults the voltage at 2.6...why? is that what the default is or is it giving it a little more juice on its own?

Back