• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Proud Owner of White Water Block Number #76

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EluSiOn

My White Water Block is here!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!! and judging from its apearance and holding it my hand... I know the thing is well crafted and the block was definately well lapped (I can see my own nerdy face reflection from it). I will post the result very soon (my Corsair XMS is still in RMA not yet shipping back to me)

p.s. Cathar, what have you put on the WW? My Cat wants to lick it bad.... did you happen to drop any tuna oil by chance?

Well they did ship it from Australia. Maybe it was a on a barge with some fish?:D:D:D:DBTW, how good was the packing?:)

Penguin4x4,

packaging is great. one small box inside antoher bigger box. Inside the small box there is bubble sheets wrapping the WW tight. It also got a WW manual revision 1 with the Block Serial #. Now I begin wonder how's the 75 WW before me are doing :D

The block (except the base of course) is polished with Brasso, and then followed up by a coat of "Mr Sheen" to help stop it from tarnishing quickly, being near 100% pure copper it would have otherwise tarnished in a matter of days before it even got to you.

Sent by air-mail. Maybe it's the sea-air from flying over the Pacific Ocean for (literally) 10000 miles. :D

EluSiOn said:
Penguin4x4,

packaging is great. one small box inside antoher bigger box. Inside the small box there is bubble sheets wrapping the WW tight. It also got a WW manual revision 1 with the Block Serial #. Now I begin wonder how's the 75 WW before me are doing :D
Well I have blocks #5 and #6 and they are doing great! I know you will love that block!

EluSiOn said:
Penguin4x4,

packaging is great. one small box inside antoher bigger box. Inside the small box there is bubble sheets wrapping the WW tight.

Dang, Cathar you sir are GOOD....:eek: :D :cool: :eek: :eek:

Cathar is very "anal"[nikhsub1's remarks] about lapping his water block. In his manual, "Turning the wing-nuts 6 full rotations ..... gives maximum AMD recommended CPU mounting pressure" (how on earth did he find that out). He really sorts out everything about his water block. My White Water setup is up and running but still need to bleed out more air bubbles.

My computer is not yet up (I RMA my Corsair RAM, now I am going to my bro's place getting my Crucial PC2100 back for the weekend). So I don't have any cooling performance result yet. One thing I must mention, working with Y fittings is difficult, it is not like everyone can modify their heator core the dodgeviper do. So far I like WW, it is smaller and lighter than MAZE3.

EluSiOn said:
One thing I must mention, working with Y fittings is difficult, it is not like everyone can modify their heator core the dodgeviper do. So far I like WW, it is smaller and lighter than MAZE3.

The Y-fitting I shipped to you is from an older batch, and sadly it is a little awkward, being 90 degrees, rather than a more convenient 60 degree. Some people have reported good results from cutting off the tips below the first rib and clamping the hose.

I have since gotten better Y's with a 60 degree angle and they will be shipping with blocks in the coming week.

Cathar said:

The Y-fitting I shipped to you is from an older batch, and sadly it is a little awkward, being 90 degrees, rather than a more convenient 60 degree. Some people have reported good results from cutting off the tips below the first rib and clamping the hose.

I have since gotten better Y's with a 60 degree angle and they will be shipping with blocks in the coming week.

I am using my own Y fitting. I got a discount from ya because I told you I don't need Y fittings

This is the "Y" I am using
bd145f0v.jpg

By the way... I got my computer up and running. Running at stock speed now... idle, the cpu temp is 26c and ambient temp is 21c. Compare to my MAZE3 at stock speed, it was 32c while the ambient temp is 20c. It already shown a great improvement :D :D

Ok... after burning for 30 mins.

AMD 2400+ 12.5x180mhz @ 1.85v with White Water

CPU idle temp: 28c
CPU load temp: 33c
Ambient temp: 22c

AMD 2400+ 12.5x180mhz @ 1.85v with Maze3

CPU idle Temp: 38c
CPU load Temp: 46.0c
Ambient Temp: 22c

Maze3 stats are from my previous post Water Cooling Temp Question dated Dec-10-2002. I did have problem mounting the MAZE3 with the socket holddown clips. It does not have enough pressure on the cpu die.

Now I am extremely please with White Water. It is definately 10 out of 10.

Comparison are made on the same motherboard Epox 8RDA+.

Back