• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best parts form W/C system for ubder $200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MichaelMu

Best parts for W/C system for under $200

Would like to go to water cooling but dont have huge budget. Looking for best cooling, noise doesn't bother me. My case is a li lan 60. Also besides the stock 2 fans in front one back, I have 2 120mm 38mm 128cfm's, 1 on side blowing in and blow hole on top

actually, not that i have any experience at all, i would recommend finding a cheaper pump that has the same performance and wit the extra $ get cathar's white water block.

look into pumps like the via-aqua 1300, pondmaster model 3 or model 5 (customaquatic.com), or the hydor l30.

just a suggestion.

I think he can get eheim and cathars block with 200$ or pretty close. The core will be 25$, the stuff to make a shroud around $10, the tubing around $10, clamps, misc adaptors and a fan around $20.

I'd guess it'll total around 225-240$. If he wants a push pull fan setup, that'd probably be another 20$ for the extra shroud materials and fan.

Im going VIAaqua, but if I had the cash to spend I would have gone eheim just because Ive seen several complaints with viaqua's and only one with eheims. And looking at this guys system, it's clear he is not the type to settle on components. he's damn close to bleeding edge (or certainly alot closer than myself).

yah that sounds pretty good...
i think some people have had problems with the via aqua though...
the core and the WW block are good, dont change that.
instead of the strange size tubing just get 1/2" clearflex 60.
also you can get 120mm fans for pretty cheap... look around at allelectronics.com
sounds good.

edit - for the cooling core, get teh unpainted one (there is no performance difference)

Back