• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my Corsair PC3500 sucks but why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twinkieTHEkid

Registered
ive pinpointed my Corsair PC3500 ram as the reason for my 200FSB wall ive had a 200FSB limit on 3 motherboards the KX7-333R/A7N8X and now my 8RDA+ now i know its the ram that cant do high FSB because on my 8RDA+ and set the FSB to 170 and ram ratio to 133% for about 225MHZ on the ram and it still would not post or be stable now i also did the opposite i set the FSB to 225 and ram ratio to 83$ for something like 170MHZ on RAM and guess what it booted and was stable so that means its not the 8RDA+ NB or anything causing me trouble

so right now the max my Corsair PC3500 XMS can do is 200FSB SYNCH @ 4-2-2-2

also any FSB above 200 on the ram and any mem timings is not stable even 210@ 9-5-5-3 is not stable

so whats up with my ram it should be able to do an easy 234MHZ so WTF is going ondo i just have a bad stick of PC3500?

how long ago did u buy it?? if it doesnt hit what was advertised i would say send that sucker bak and get one that can. but at 200+ fsb dont mobos usually get wacky?? just a thought because i dont have a system with a 200+ fsb.

--jason

Send it directly to Corsair. The stick is covered by a lifetime warranty. By a short time, I mean one day of processing after they get the RAM and three days in transit back to you; Corsair ships replacement sticks via UPS 3 Day Select. I sent my RAM in and got it back in about 8 business days.

~THT

Don't feel bad.

My 512MB stick of XMS3500 CAS2 can't even do PC-2700 speeds stable @ CAS2. It causes freakish system instability- random crashing, restarts, and strange colors on the screen when @ CAS2, while at the crappiest settings available on my board it runs fine.

No matter what voltage I try it STILL is incapable of running @ PC-2700 CAS2- no matter what voltage - and this is a PC-3500, CAS2 stick of memory! :mad:

On the RMA form I asked if they could send me a Rev 2.1 stick, since my stick is Rev 1.1- and seem to have a lot of problems with strict timings from what I've read.

Hopefully the Rev 2.1 stuff will help me out.

AH HA!

That is my problem then. My system was running fine for almost a month with this V1.1 XMS stick and all of a sudden it starts acting up on me. I've had different ram in and no problems. This baby is going back to Corsair.

Thanks guys!

Back