• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about nOOb's setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

OK. I think I understand how to setup this thing. Yes I know there's a sticky at the top here, but all I need is a quick yes or no, or a pointer in my setup. Heres what I plan on purchasing:
Dangerden Maze 3 with copper top
Heatercore from autozone (just JBWELD some barbs on, about $25 total)
10ft Clearflex
1/2inch T fitting
Via Aqua 1300 with 1/2inch fittings
12 hose clamps
2x Fans
( thats from the above sticky post :) ) - sounds affordable and "works great"

Heres a pic of how i think I should hook up the system. Someone please correct me If I'm wrong? Also- anyone have any g tips on bleeding air from the lines? nad what the heck is the purpose of a T-fitting if I'm only going to be cooling my cpu? Thx!
cooling.gif

Why take unneccessary chances by JB welding barbs on copper fittings. Use regular tubing with hoseclamps and only reduce in line with reduction barbs if needed. JB welding on bare copper is risky IMHO.

need a T line, and the fan sould be pulling out.......

I think the fan should be pulling in air from outside the case, like in your diagram.............well thats what people have told me!

MDA.

moonchild said:
Why take unneccessary chances by JB welding barbs on copper fittings. Use regular tubing with hoseclamps and only reduce in line with reduction barbs if needed. JB welding on bare copper is risky IMHO.
what kind of chance is he taking by JB welding the barbs on his heatercore? i have heard of many ppl doing this without a problem

SuperDave1685 said:
Could someone tell me where the T-Fitting would go in my setup? Thanks!

You can see my T setup in this thread here. The top part of the bleeder which isn't shown looks like this:
valve.jpg

peace.
unloaded

That sure is a nice looking case you got there UnLoadeD. If I had the time (or if I wasn't lazy ;)) I might try something like that. But first I need to build a water cooling setup.

Anyway, what's attached to the end of the tube?

Tipycol said:
That sure is a nice looking case you got there UnLoadeD. If I had the time (or if I wasn't lazy ;)) I might try something like that. But first I need to build a water cooling setup.

Anyway, what's attached to the end of the tube?

Its a 1/2" pvc valve with a barb screwed in one end and a plug screwed in the other. The white clip holding it to side of the case came with the bag of extras with the case, its make for wire managment 8)

peace.
unloaded

Back