• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lottsa work on my rig today (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UnLoadeD

I didn't want another cord coming from my computer so I decided to wire the pump into the PSU. I looked at relays and such but came up with a solution that met all my needs. I wanted to be able to run the pump while the computer was off also I wanted to be able to unplug the pump if needed. Lastly I wanted the computer not to be able to turn on if the pump was unplugged. Here's what I decided on.
gs11.jpg

This allows me to turn the pump on/off with the psu switch, this allowed me to fill and bleed the system pretty easily. I can unplug the molex connection to remove the pump if needed. If the molex is unplugged, the green wire going to the m/b is broken and won't allow the computer to be started. This mod was pretty easy to do and very cheap as I had all the parts laying around.
gs1.jpg

gs2.jpg

gs3.jpg

Next I got out my Spiral Wrap and Conformal Coating and did a nice mixing of the two.
gs4.jpg

After drying I did a test run with the UV CCFL's.
gs5.jpg

(to be cont'd)

peace.
unloaded

Now time to start squeezing everything back into my box, looks like it might all fit this time 8)
gs6.jpg

Put the panels and top back on.
gs7.jpg

gs8.jpg

The backside had a pretty big hole from the Iceberg rad, I covered it with some tinted plexi. Depending on how my temps are when I've had it running for a while, I might mount a fan there.
gs9.jpg

Let's see how things look with a lil UV lovin.
gs10.jpg

Starting to look good. Got a few things left to do. Gonna replace the plexi on top and side cutouts with tinted. Stealth job for the burner/dvdrom combo. Gonna rearrange the lights a bit. Also after water system equalizes, I'll see if I need to add ear exhaust fan also I'll know if I have to open up the front end for more intake air to the rad. Right now with both fans running at 7v my temps are case=28C cpu=35C. A little bit higher than I was expecting, but I've got the original filter and filter cover on it. I know they restrict the flow pretty badly, so they are gonna be my first tweaks. Anyway, Ill post more pics and info as I go.

peace.
unloaded

Nice, shouldnt ur temps be slightly lower? what WB did you use?

Well I don't really know how much faith I put in the temps. The m/b is fairly new and this is first time I've had it running in a case. Also first time I've had it water cooled. Once it gets a chance to settle in, I'll start o/cing and see if it'll go further. The block I'm using is Gemini Sandard Flow Rev.2

peace.
unloaded

That is a really nice setup. If you don't mind I am going to "use" your idea to wire up my pump. Right now I have a wire coming out the back, and it gets in the way when I move the system around.

The Spyder said:
i mean his vodka one :D

Oh yeah... I almost forgot that UnLoadeD is the one who done that Vodka bottle resevior. LOL.... spyder how on earth you keep track this kinda things?

Maybe my avatar reminds him 8P~
Anyway the res was mainly an experiment, just to see if I could do it. I wasn't really comfortable using a liquor bottle anyway, as I haven't drank for almost 8 yrs. The res is sitting in one of my bins with lottsa other parts I have. I'll prolly get rid of it if anyone is interested.

No! No! No!

You should sell it at the classified section! and one day it will be a collector's item, the vodka bottle reminds us UnLoaded

Back