• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bh-6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thralldad

Registered
Finally got my BH-6 up and running.Right now I have a Celly 500 on a generic adapter card,OEM hs and fan,16M AGP,.2 18G SCSI HDS.Win98SE.

Only prob is I'm only seeing 128M of memory. I just stepped up to Kingston PC133/256M.

Did I miss something or am I going to have to flash the BIOS?

TIA;Paul

How much memory does your BIOS report? I could not find any BIOS revisions to support more memory. That is, it seems that the board always supported 768MB memory, so that should be enough ;) There were some issues with incorrect memory reporting unde Linux, but as you are using Win98 that can't be it :cool:

Try swapping the memory around. One of your sticks might not be seated correctly. Or one of the sticks is bad. Try running with only one of them.

I have 1 stick of memory. I had a stick of OEM 256M and only showed 131M @ bootup. I thought the memory was bad so I took it back and got namebrand. This board is V1.02 and the manual states that each slot accepts up to 256M! I've tried all slots and it's the same! I'm confused!

When I returned the OEM stick they checked it and it showed 256M.They said the "value" ram got returned for similar issues ,suggesting my board may be finicky about RAM. I read a lot of profiles with the same board and generic RAM ;no probs!That's why I bought Abit!!:(

hi,

how many chip does the it have?
if its 8 chips then its high density,
which the BH6 doesn't support :(

i had the same problems when i
brought RAM recently,and it was
being detected half the amount
because it was high density :(

damn abit for their sucky support,
they could just updated the BIOS

hi Jirnsum,

no, :) its not weird at all,bh6 can't support