• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

845PE blue mountain 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Found this review at Anandtech.

The only noteworthy part of this board is that it is made by Intel and you can adjust the memory settings. Adjust is a strong word. You can choose between running your memory at 266 or 333 and you can play with the timing control. That's it. No FSB or vcore adjustments, and no divider controls, either.

If anyone else made this board it would be denounced as overpriced and underfeatured. But because Intel is dipping its toe into "enthusiast" board market (Must be the black PCB that makes it an "enthusiast" model.) people are willing to give this board far more consideration than it deserves.

There are no shortage of honest enthusiast boards out there with more features and real overclocking controls, for less than the price of the Blue Mountain. I recommend any of them over the 845PEBT2.

BHD

Yes, I have this Intel D845PEBT2 board. For non overclocker this is THE solution. Everything works as they are ment to work, audio is super, Sata -raid nice bonus for future, no more "7v triks" for case -fans thanks to Intel fancontrol... And if You cannot live with default clock there is 4% oc -option in bios for slight oc ;).

I have ASUS P4B266, P4S533, Intel D845GBV, D845PESV and this D845PEBT2. All works nicely but My personal favorite is PEBT2.

http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardware/845pe/page3.asp

Personally I think I'll just continue to select reasonable fans and enjoy the extra 58% overclock my el cheapo Abit provides...

We just purchased Intel D845PEBT2

external USB2 hd's at shut off reboots the pc's. also card reader usb1 reboots at unplugging it!

seems intel usb2 drivers on the cd are crap.

I went to their website for downloading them...NO usb2 driver listed for w2k.

So i called Intel (since it's an brand new board) wanted to find out where I can download the driver!

They told me:

Intel no longer supports Motherboards under their 917... number.

NOW IT'S AN 800.... BUT PAY PER CALL FOR $25 ...

SO THE f***** BOARD comes with corrupt driver and I have to pay $25 to find them???

NO WAY!!

this mobo <RMA

NO more intel for me!

Intel makes the very best chipsets period!
But the last thing any oc'er would want is an Intel chipset on an Intel mobo! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure Intel does not really want to be party to oc'ing their own processors because of the preception, by them, of lost higher end cpus. This offering by Intel really seems odd and contradictory.

Cheers,
Mike

well im re building a friends hp752n with this board because he went to buy an radeon 9500 pro and the dang hp does not have an agp slot. hes getting a new case also and systematically replacing all hp componets

Intel boards have always been very reliable, the only thing I want to know is how hard it would be, or if it would be at all possible to flash the BIOS with a different companies BIOS such as an ASUS P4PE BIOS or something. Anyone know if this is would work?

Check-X said:
Intel boards have always been very reliable, the only thing I want to know is how hard it would be, or if it would be at all possible to flash the BIOS with a different companies BIOS such as an ASUS P4PE BIOS or something. Anyone know if this is would work?

In a word no. In two words, hell no.

Motherboards are very complex creations, and are all individuals. In very rare cases (like the Asus P4S333 and 533) you can flash one board with another's bios and have it work, but this is the extreme rarity only possible because these two products share a common origin and are the same circuitry. There is no posibility of interchange from one manufacturers board to another's.

HGREENIII said:
well im re building a friends hp752n with this board because he went to buy an radeon 9500 pro and the dang hp does not have an agp slot. hes getting a new case also and systematically replacing all hp componets

While certainly a step up, this is still just a lesser degree of the same kind of short-sightedness that allowed the mistake of the HP purchase to happen in the first place. Sure Asus, Abit, or Albatron motherboards only differ from the Intel in that they are more versatile, but of course this is the distinction between the HP's board and the Intel as well...

Thnx Larva... now would having some BIOS Guru re-work the intel BIOS (Mr.Natural *cough*) or someone as such.. is there ways in wich to impliment FSB adjustment. I'm sure I'll probably end up selling my Blue Mountain 2 board soon after I get it (to someone who doesn't care to overclock). But if there were ways to push it further, it would sure save some bucks!

I'm using this board in my rig (no O/C) and I love it.
It's dead stable, the drivers are rock solid, the audio is crystal clear (I'm using it with Midiland 8200 v2.0).
Running it with Win2k sp3/ 512MB PC2700 XMS/ PNY 4200/P4 2.4GHz-533/ Leadtek 2000XP PVR card and not a single lockup/ hickup.

Back