• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

owners of Kingston pc2700 value ram post here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewthomas14

i am planning on buying some and am trying to find out some information.
1. where did you buy
2. what size is your module
3. what chips does it have
4. when did you order
5. what speed are you running at
6. if your system isnt already in your sig plz list it

Last edited:
1. googlegear.com
2. 512mb
3. dunno, never looked
4. about 3 1/2 months ago.
5. stock PC2700 speeds (166 fsb). If I try to run it higher I get
problems, I think it needs more voltage.

I've heard some people have had very good luck with this memory, but mine doesn't run any faster at defualt voltage, and I haven't tried to bump up the voltage yet. But memtest finds no errors on stock speeds.

gingo said:
1. googlegear.com
2. 512mb
3. dunno, never looked
4. about 3 1/2 months ago.
5. stock PC2700 speeds (166 fsb). If I try to run it higher I get
problems, I think it needs more voltage.

I've heard some people have had very good luck with this memory, but mine doesn't run any faster at defualt voltage, and I haven't tried to bump up the voltage yet. But memtest finds no errors on stock speeds.

From what i've learned asking these same questions i have been told that the older (and sometimes now) kingston pc2700 has the same chips on it that corsair does, however some of the newer sticks are showing up with samsung which cant overclock for ****. It is this why i'm spending the extra 70 bux on corsair pc 3200...

i am planning on buying some and am trying to find out some information.
1. Local store
2. 256
3. winbond
4. 3 months ago
5. got to 147FBS so 183ish

Kingston value ram is probably the lowest price ram with life time warrenty. For most, It doen't o/c to very high speeds. Correct me if I'm wrong.

hduong said:

Kingston value ram is probably the lowest price ram with life time warrenty. For most, It doen't o/c to very high speeds. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeap....You are WRONG.....
attachment.php

attachment.php

Max frequency 262MHz(524MHz DDR) with Cas 2-2-3-7.....Max FAULEFREE frequency with memtest-86 , 254MHz(508MHz DDR).....so far.....still climbing....!!!...

Memory module : Kingston DDR333(PC2700) with Winbond -6ns chips onboard....

i might order a 256mb stick because i think most ppl ordered the 512mb stick when they were using winbond chips. are they still using winbond chips on any of their pc2700 ram? i would either order it from newegg.com or googlegear.com

Back