• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc100 vs. pc133

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dermen

I have a pIII 667mhz machine. I have 1 32mb stick of pc100, 1 128mb stick of pc100, and 1 256mb stick of pc133. What would be the best to use?

A) Use all of them. 416mb at pc100

B) Lose the 32mb stick. 384mb at pc100

C) Only use the 256mb at pc133

It depends on the os- if you are doing windows xp do option b- xp is really ram hungry. You may want to see if the pc100 will do 133- it might if you are lucky.
Either way its probably time for an upgrade ;)

nealric said:
It depends on the os- if you are doing windows xp do option b- xp is really ram hungry. You may want to see if the pc100 will do 133- it might if you are lucky.
Either way its probably time for an upgrade ;)

Its running 98 SE. I plan on upgrading during the summer after I move. Right now I only have 56k so I don't really use the computer for much. I play a little CS, and BF1942, but mostly I use it for internet.

Dermen said:

Its running 98 SE. I plan on upgrading during the summer after I move. Right now I only have 56k so I don't really use the computer for much. I play a little CS, and BF1942, but mostly I use it for internet.

56k...bf1942...on that machine, how do you do it!:eek:

I'd see if any of the pc100 modules will do 133... maybe at cas3?

If you can get at least 384pc122 go for it, but otherwise just stick it all in there at pc100.

BF1942 is a ram hog, and I can almost guarentee you will see better performance with more ram... even if it's slower.

[edit] errr on second thought, with windows98se, you aren't going to really be able to use any of that higher ammount of ram anyway. I would really suggest looking at an OS upgrade, but if you are going to stick with 98 go with the PC133 because it really isn't able to take advantage of larger ammounts of ram. [/edit]

Back