• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Big Pc3200 War

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zoltrix!

Registered
i am going to buy 1 of them, but i just cant deside!!

CROSAIR PC3200 C2 (VERy expensive but inshure my OC)

WINBOND BH-5 (it's 20$ less expensive then the crosair, but i dont know... risky)

TWINMOS (i have heard this ram is exelnet, and it is still 20$ less expensive then the crosair...)
help me please!!!

:cool:

i have twinmos pc3200 running fine at default timings and 10MHz over stock, one stick has samsung chips the other has twinmos chips, i havent really stressed it yet so i dont know how far it will go, ive seen quite a few comparisons between it and corsair on the net and it was just slightly lower (had to raise a latency setting .5) however that was when twinmos were using winbong 5ns chips same as corsair pc3500

Pay the $20 and get the Corsair. It's backed by a lifetime warrranty AND impressive, helpful customer service. If you get a bad stick, RMA it directly to Corsair and they'll send you a new one via UPS 3 Day Air.

~THT

Assuming you must be overclocking to consider 3200. Money a problem then consider the others. Money not a problem, buy Cosair since it isn't a gamble. :cool:

As most others have said, take the Corsair. It is definitely worth the extra $20. My friend and I were upgrading our systems around the same time(about six months ago). There were two options around the same price, Xtreme DDR PC3000 and Corsair XMS3000 which was about $10 more. I went with the Corsair, my friend with the Xtreme DDR. To say the least it was a regrettable mistake on his part.;) The point being, get the Corsair!:)

if i was you i would go with corsair from all the good things i have heard about it... i have never tried it but it will be the next ram i buy

Corsair is the best way to go!! i have a 512 pc3200 stick and i can run as many apps as i want smoothly and it is very stable in OC :)

My logic has always been to pay a little more now and be satisfied rather than to try and skimp and go half assed. Unless you're poor (and no matter what you say you are NOT poor if you can afford any type of computer hobby) you won't miss the extra $20 a week from now. Even for a whole system drop an extra $100-200 for the best and be happy rather than save it and end up buying even more crap a month later.

--Illah

well I think you already decide to go with corsair, if you dont I am the 8th person telling you "get the corsair u cant go wrong" ;)

My logic has always been to pay a little more now and be satisfied rather than to try and skimp and go half assed. Unless you're poor (and no matter what you say you are NOT poor if you can afford any type of computer hobby) you won't miss the extra $20 a week from now. Even for a whole system drop an extra $100-200 for the best and be happy rather than save it and end up buying even more crap a month later.

I couldn't have said it any better my self:D
I'd get the Corsair
fdoggiedog woof woof

Back