• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for a pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

57sty

Registered
iam looking for a good reliable pump , and witch set up is better inline or submersible? if i go for inline do you use a res. or is it a closed setup

I would think that any pump can be more reliable if it is submerged(that is if its submerseable) we all know that eheims are 'the' most reliable pump, hydor are suposed to be that reliable, Then maybe maxijet, and stay away from VIA Aqua, Theres tons of other pumps that are probably reliable like dolfin or iwaki and a few others.

From my own experience I would recommend to approach a final solution that is inline, a closed system if you will with a finite amount of water.
To get everything working well and tested I actually preferred my early setup with a submerged pump in a simple bucket as reservoir.
In real life we rarely ever have all ingredients and accessories to make a perfect working setup (unless you buy a good, balanced kit) so a "work setup" outside the computer gives plenty of room for finetuning.
Therefore I recommend a pump that can be inline or submersible.
A reservoir is one more object in your case that takes up space...

Back