• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

White buildup in system still

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MEAT BAG

Even after i comepletely flushed it all out and used viniger a white buildup has still formed on the inside of the tubes. I fluched the system 5 times with new batches of distiled water and some viniger each time. Argh this junk is ****ing me off. Anyone got some other ideas of what to do about it. Maybe i should use something like a fuel filter for awhile to get stuff thats still in there that somehow got missed from the cleaning.

i think you need to HIGH pressure flush ur radiator~ this still sounds like leftovers from that WW you were using~

Ok, I've been reading way too many bad things about the horrible properties of WW leaving white residue and who knows what else. Does anyone know why it happens and how to avoid it?

Does anyone know of a better product? I'd hate to have to clean that out every time it occurs!

Ive run WW for quite awhile and have no probs ..
Tygon is clear as a bell ..

Maybe some CLR would help Meat ??

Sorry meatbag,

What kind of water did you use?

Maybe there was calcium deposits left over from some of your components?

Distilled water prevents it from happening, but once the deposit is there...

You'll have to try a cleaning agent (still using distilled water).

It should be calcium, so vinegar should have worked. If it didn't try a stronger concentration (pure off-the-shelf vinegar).

Alternatively, lemon juice.

Run it in a closed loop for a while, don't just let it flush in and out.

In the worst of cases, you can use that product to clean dehumidifier: it's a combination of phosphoric acid and soap, but be careful, 'cause it will start to eat away at metal parts.

Back