• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

? on Memory OC on P4PE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JEwing85

Registered
What Should One Overclock 2 x 256mb Crucial PC2100 Chips to On a ASUS P4PE? My CPU is An Intel 1.6"g"which i can oc to 1.8-2.0Ghz. thanks for the help. also my system cooling is around 32C when not ocing 45 when i am.
:D

I've never heard of a 'g' chip, could you explain it to me?

I'd start the memory timings at 2.5-3-3-7, and test for stability, then drop the latency to 2, and once again test. Just ease into the timings until lock, then you've found your fantastic memory settings. Horrah!

yeah the "g" represents the willamette versin of the CPU. And also im a bit of a newb so what are the mem timings? as in how to set them in BIOS

Good question on setting memory timings.

Found it in Bios: Changed mine from 2-3-3-8 to 2-2-2-5

Was under advanced, scroll down to the bottom find chipset, there change SDRAM Configuration to user defined and then the next 4 items are the numeric settings that folks list like 2-2-2-5

I also enabled memory Turbo Mode on mine.

Last edited:
would you happen to know a good setting for crucial PC2100? i have 2 sticks@256mb a piece, so 512mb total

thanx again

I'd say start at 2 latency, 3 Precharge to Active, 3 Active to CMD, and 5 or so for Active to Precharge. And once again, test it out for real (Prime, 3DMark and the such) If it works, back off the 3's to 2's

hope it helps

Back