• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling Experience

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OVERALL Water Cooling Experience

• Good

Votes: 153 92.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Neutral (same as air)

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters
I have offered my GF3 to the OC gods when I start Water Cooling. It is a sacrifise I made then so that now I have no leak and my cpu/system Temp are low. Water Cooling is fun. It is quiet and makes me have a better quality of sleeping time (My computer is in my room running 24/7/365 downloading). The lower temp is a bonus after water cooling. It makes OC much easier. The experience is definately good, worth spending time to read/research/ work on it.

The OC gods have asked nothing of me (yet) but seeing I change my systems every few months and build a lot of systems and things for others they must have blessed me (for now)

JFettig said:
you know what Im thinking;)

We are not telepathic, we can't read your mind.

JFettig Stats

5581 posts (15.27 posts per day) as on Jan 06 2003 11:41am EST
#4 in the Top 10 posters who mostly posts in the Water Cooling Sections.

EluSiOn said:
I have offered my GF3 to the OC gods when I start Water Cooling. It is a sacrifise I made then so that now I have no leak and my cpu/system Temp are low. Water Cooling is fun. It is quiet and makes me have a better quality of sleeping time (My computer is in my room running 24/7/365 downloading). The lower temp is a bonus after water cooling. It makes OC much easier. The experience is definately good, worth spending time to read/research/ work on it.

I have offered a geforce2mx and a 700Mhz Thunderbird. It's been a while since my last sacrifice, I hope the OC gods aren't hungry! :eek:

I took my time and listened to everybody on the forum, Knock on wood nothing has happened. I wonder why I waited so long.

Water cooling has always been better for Air for me, even though some sad things have happend, it was due to carelessness on my part. Water cooling lets me tinker around with my system more, and thats what i prefer to do.

.. :sn: :sn: :sn:
:sn: :sn: :sn: <--- My Ninja army. In formation!

I don't know how I ever lived without watercooling. Luckily I have never lost any components, just some very wet carpet.;)

Yeah, I forgot to add that my watercooling mishaps didn't happen from sudden leaks, it happened because of carelessness on my part.

:sn: :beer: :sn: :beer: <---my ninja army out of Formation! :D

well.. this is the water cooling section... definately overwhealmingly positive, dunno what will happen if it is in the general cooling or generate chat computer related.

lol,
I have lost a 1600 to direct die cooling, it just stopped...
A few other little dumb things, but thats my fault, my screwing around with dumb things, my rigging things up so I didnt have to run to town :p

nealric said:
WOW- thats overwhealmingly positive!
what I want to see is a phase-change exp poll :D

Ask a senior member that posts in extreme cooling often to put one up for you

My experience was seeing spider cracks in the acryllic top of my home-made block...and ignoring them. My next experience was shelling out for a new motherboard and CPU. Oddly, my video card survived running with a puddle of tap water and antifreeze on it. So I guess the lesson is...um, don't be an idiot and you shouldn't have problems ;). Oh, and hose clamps and silicon sealant are your friends.

Ok I guess I could put it up.

But after that, I really shouldn't put up any more polls for a while. If the mods and admins start seeing forum sections full of polls, they are gonna take polling away from seniors again :(

Ok I guess I could put it up.

But after that, I really shouldn't put up any more polls for a while. If the mods and admins start seeing forum sections full of polls, they are gonna take polling away from seniors again

Thank you thank you thank you :D

Back