• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chief

Piecing together a new box and would like to go with an p4 2.8 ish and an asus mobo with the 533 fsb but am not sure how well the oc.I have been reading about the p4pe board which sounds good but is not 533.Can some one tell me which intel boards have the agp/pci locking feature?

The P4PE does have a 533MHz fsb and PCI/AGP locks and 845PE chip. The P4B533 is close to the same board, but with the 845E chip(no official PC2700 support and no HT, but a BIOS update could maybe fix it)

If you are looking at Intel brand boards, you can't fool around with the fsb on those, so I would thing they have no lock, as you can run it out of spec(a little help if I;m wrong)

I've heard good things aboot both boards.

Let me restate that,I want to go with an intel chipset board.Using the asus cusl2-c now and for what it is I like it.

Back