• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling Pumps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion25

Folding in memory of my dads, Tim B. & Mike B.
Hello,

I am a new overclocker and a long time Reef Aquarium hobbyist. I put the following in the General cooling section before but it was suggested that I would get a better response here. So here it is:

Water Pumps Thread

I am strictly an aircooler but I have noticed that many of you use Ehiem pumps. The 1250 does 316gph and is about $60-$70. In my experience the Mag series is cheaper and just as good. Premium Aquatics has a 350gph model for 39.95. I use a Mag 7 (700gph) on my 55g aquarium. If you are looking for EXTREME watercooling them go with Ampmaster, Iwaki, or Velocity. The Dolphin Ampmaster 3000 has a rated flow of ~3600gph and is about $290. Be forewarned that these high volume pumps are not quiet. Most aquariusts place the pump in a closet and plumb it to their tanks and sumps.

Just avoid RIO pumps. Numerous horror stories come to mind when I hear RIO.

Ryan

By the way, my Mag 7 is 3 years old and has been pumping salt water 24/7 the entire time I have had it.

Back