• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waterblock idea, anyone tried it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gulp35

cap1.jpg
There it is. it is similar to the very basic copper cap waterblock but I thought that it would improve performance if i put something like Cathar's block on the bottom. the middle is the inlet and the other is the outlet which would be oriented toward the top of the case. The grooves would be cut mainly around the inlet (btw the plate on the bottom is a washer that has been soldered onto the inlet it increase the velocity of the water. All input would be appreciated.

Yeah those places are where I got the idea i wanted to get a different opinion. freeloadingbum from the forums gave me the idea about the washer to maintain the velocity longer

I was thinking in order to improve performance a little more I am going to put 2 exits parrallel to the ground and to the base of the waterblock. Do you think that would help?

Another warterblock making question.
What are the best types of ways to connect copper to copper?

I have decided to go with something like the standard copper cap WB with the washer over the core and maybe a few drill holes also the core also in order to increase surface area.

That was my idea (I'm freeloadingbum) but I never actually tested it. After reading BillA's review of owens cap block, I was wondering how much of an improvement those changes would add. If you build it, I'll pledge $5 towards entering it in the contest, if you were interested.

Back