• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone mounted a Dtek core in a Li lan 60 case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MichaelMu

my stuff will arrive soon and wondering how to mount without cutting up my case to shreds. Pic's would be nice

You are going to have to cut up something to put a heatercore into a PC-60 case. There is just no way around it. You could cut a 120mm blowhole into the top of the case and mount it there. But then you will lose a 5 1/4" drive bay.

If you wanted to place it at the bottom front of the case you will have to cut off the botton part of the floppy drive rail and make the fan hole in the front bigger.

I looked into these things myself and just went with a Black Ice Xtreme. It fit the best in my PC-60 in the front with the 2 80mm fans feeding it air and a 120mm pulling air out of it.

The PC-70 case I'm working on will get the heatercore.

MikeTimbers said:
Any pics of how that BIX fits?

Ok here it is.

61.jpg

Had to turn it on it's side to fit. It is held in place by the floppy drive rail.

Back