• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 9700 / NV30

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paazabel

Anyone have designs on "full videocard" waterblocks? I have a Radeon 9700 Pro on the way to my humble abode, but it seems to me that current vidcards also heat sink the crap out of their RAM. Typically, it's one lump of metal. If I wanted to watercool the GPU, does anyone know if something exists for the higher end boards? Or will I have to do it m'self?

im not sure what it is your asking for, but im sure there are waterblocks you can use to cool the gpu on the 9700 if that is what you are asking. the heat produced is not tremendously higher than other recent cards so i dont see why watercooling the gpu with current gpu waterblocks wouldn't be doable... i havent looked at mine too closely, does it have the typical holes to mount a waterblock?

yes, they are the same as gf3/8500le/9000pro/9500pro holes

ok so you could use a commercial waterblock to cool the gpu... then you can fashion something on your own for the ram, shouldnt be too hard. i know other people are already modding the cooling on their cards so you can probably do a search and see what else is going on.

Hmmmmmm .... I'm looking at this Gigabyte 8500 Radeon (Maya) ... and it looks like one big slab of aluminum with a fan sitting in the middle.

But ... good point. I could Artic Silver adhesive some smaller sinks onto the ram ...

I just ordered the 9700 Pro, so I'll have to see how it looks when it shows up.

Back