• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TC4 vs WW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paazabel

Anyone using both of these blocks? I've surfed around a bit and can't find a comparison. (Yeah, there's prolly one on the main page or something ... but assume that I'm exhausted and can't find the monitor through the pixels, at the moment.)

Which is "better?" I know that's always a bit subjective in water cooling, but I'd like some advice in choosing between them. Heard great things about both ...

Paazabel said:
Anyone using both of these blocks? I've surfed around a bit and can't find a comparison. (Yeah, there's prolly one on the main page or something ... but assume that I'm exhausted and can't find the monitor through the pixels, at the moment.)

Which is "better?" I know that's always a bit subjective in water cooling, but I'd like some advice in choosing between them. Heard great things about both ...
Nothing subjective about it, the WW spanks ANYTHING at the moment, about 5C better than the TC-4, I have both...

Re: Re: TC4 vs WW

nikhsub1 said:

Nothing subjective about it, the WW spanks ANYTHING at the moment, about 5C better than the TC-4, I have both...

5C sounds like a lot, though I do believe it's the better block. I can't wait to see more blocks including the WW in BillA's comparison. I wonder what kind of difference we would see then.

Re: Re: Re: TC4 vs WW

FIZZ3 said:

5C sounds like a lot, though I do believe it's the better block. I can't wait to see more blocks including the WW in BillA's comparison. I wonder what kind of difference we would see then.
You will see that what I am saying is pretty much right on...

Re: Re: Re: Re: TC4 vs WW

nikhsub1 said:

You will see that what I am saying is pretty much right on...

I'm sorry, I was not questioning your measurements, nikhsub1. Maybe it sounded a bit like that, but that was not my intention. I'm just really looking forward to the step to a more controlled environment with quantifiable variables. 5C with your setup is a nice number, but what it tells about relative block differences under different conditions is not yet clear.

Wait until more of Bills results come out. It won't be that long. We all have somewhat different setups and the results we get from different cooling solutions will only be an anecdotal snapshot of our particular setup. That's the compelling reason behind the endeavor BillA has undertaken. To test as many different blocks as feasible under conditions that for the most part are identical. What will emerge is a predictable trend as to how well a given block will perform in everyones setup. I'd wager that whatever block performs the best in BillA's test will also be the block that performs the best in our individual setups.

I have gotten enough inquiries about purchasing my pin block that I have already sourced the materials needed to manufacture them. After the results come out, if that interest persists or goes up, I will actually acquire those materials and manufacture as many as are desired. Given the fickle and cheap nature of most overclockers (present party included), I certainly am not going to invest my time and money before then. When I make my move, it will be detailed in the cooling classifieds, where it belongs.

Hoot

I dunno that "cheap" is the right word ... I sent $100 for a water block and spent a bunch on some performance RAM. I think OC'ers are people trying to get their money's worth, whether they have much to spend or not is a second question.

I hear ya... I'm in for a pretty penny myself, that's why I said most overclockers, not all. I take it you don't get 2-3 emails or PMs each week from readers of these forums, asking you to give them something for free because you have it and they don't? I don't know about you, but I wish I had a dollar for every post in these forums where I read that someone had damaged something they bought and was going to RMA it! That's cheap... :rolleyes:

Hoot

no Hoot, thats not "cheap" - use the correct term

that's dishonest, definitely lying, akin to stealing

be cool

I think people are more inclined to whine about things than praise things. That's just human nature. I've always discounted those types people as a "loud minority" that just talk too much and make themselves seem larger ...

Paazabel said:
I think people are more inclined to whine about things than praise things. That's just human nature. I've always discounted those types people as a "loud minority" that just talk too much and make themselves seem larger ...

There is a branch of science that tries to specifiy such speculations... called psychology. ;)

Back