• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just plain bad ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

augustwest

i currently have a 256mb stick of samsung pc2700 ddr333 cas2.5 that i purchased from newegg bout 6 months ago. today i recieved the same thing from googlegear installed and proceded to kill my registry see which i was able to fix, however, before i fixed this i ran this found like a "million" errors. so i took the ram out and made a mad dash to the recovery console. shoud i assume that this was just a case of bad ram and get a replace ment or should i try to install again in maybe another dimm slot?

Did you test your new ram by itself, as in take out your old one? If not, you might be getting errors because your new ram can't handle your current FSB setting. Remember, OCing 1 stick is easier than 2 :)

If you can't even run stock speeds with the single new stick of ram, than you've traced the problem :)

If the new stick runs correctly by itself, but can't overclock....well that's just bad luck then. Can't entirely blame it on the ram

Back