• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would your ultimate WC case be like?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wangster

Official O/C Santa Ferret
I would like to hear some ideas from you as fellow watercooling enthusiast to design on paper the ultimate WC case.

Feel free to start from abstracts to specifics or take an existing case and modify it, whatever, share your ideas and let's see what we come up with.

I personally would like to see a case that was as small as possible while still providing us with a place to logically put up to 2 heatercores or its equivalent along with the necessary shrouds and fans, a place to put a very large (>20ft head) pump, and a way to setup wiring in an aesthetically pleasing and airflow maximizing manner.

Shouldn't be too much to ask for should it? ;)

Post drawings for us if you can!

I like the idea of having the radiator built into the case. Possibly in one of the sides. It should be as non-obtrusive as possible.

Well, we're all wiser after our first working watercooled rig. Considering all the hours of research and money spent and hard lessons learned I feel that my next setup should have more optical perks that make the "magic" of the water flow more visible.

I have not come up with real plans yet but I want to run at least one nice visible hose or little tank on top of the case where I would mount something inside that is moved/spun around by the waterflow itself, like a flowmeter on "stereoids" kind of...

Showing off fan casings or radiators is kind of boring IMO.

I have an idea using a tall stereo cabinet with the glass door, you know the kind, and mounting the MOBO to the top shelf and the HDDs and optical drives to the second shelf. Then on the third mounting all the water cool gear. Then drill holes in the shelves as needed to run the tubing to the top, put black lights in it with some UV die. That would be the ultimate W/Ced case.

my idea isnt the ultimate by any means, but i would like to make a case covered with black shag carpet (the 1-3" shag 70's style, looks like long dog hair) and make my res into a case window where the water comes in the side at the top, pools over an edge creating a waterfall down, and the water pumps out the bottom. i'd put something whiteish in the water to make it pick up a black light so it glowed too and would be more noticeable. cant find shag carpet around here though, and if i cant do all my plan, then i'll do nothing - the whole thing hinges on the shag. :D

i would say a case that would have enuf room for the computer components and the watercooling setup and room enuff for 2 120 mm fans in front and a large radeator in back with options to change. This case should also be easly modded for diff looks and have a good price tag free is best. :)

Detachable reservoir similar to ultrasonic vaporizers

Internal manifold with quick connects

Large quiet air filter cavity with recessed radiator and fan assembly

Sealed pump compartment with sound damping insulation

FRAGN'STIEN said:
I have an idea using a tall stereo cabinet with the glass door, you know the kind, and mounting the MOBO to the top shelf and the HDDs and optical drives to the second shelf. Then on the third mounting all the water cool gear. Then drill holes in the shelves as needed to run the tubing to the top, put black lights in it with some UV die. That would be the ultimate W/Ced case.

that's a neat idea

Most of the problems I've had with case considerations for my intended rig was where to put the pump and it's attachments.

I finally settled on a Chieftec Full-Tower Matrix and I'm going to mount it on the base with the inlet towards the heatercore that's mounted where the front intake fans are usually located.

I'm a little bit concerned about EMI though.

I would like to see case manufacturers start shielding the cases in order to minimize monitor distortion.

After my first watercooling rig, I've found that the warm air form the heatcore really heats up the interior of the case. I have over 400w of heat to cools, plus the tec psu. So although the cpu and gpu are cool enough, other components(memory, video ram, hd, etc) are heating up. So what I'm doing now is to mod a pc65 into watercooling-ready, by soldering bards directly on the back of the case, and put my psus and H2O components outside the case.:D

My #1 pick for my ultimate wc case is PC-76, although PC-78 is not bad too.

prd_382.jpg

Its US$400 and I just can't afford it.

My conceptual designs are currently classified material ;), but I want something completely out of the box.

i would say the ultimate would be a case made to fit the house your live in. that is to say have your pump inside but have a huge radiator like mabey out of a dump truck and a fan to mach mounted just outside the house with the lines going through the wall. thats all just for the winter during the summer you could close off the vavles to your winter setup and open up the valves to your heator core atached to the AC unit in the window. and use non other than cather's WW block. definatally water cooling to the extreme

uhhhh a 1"x1"x1" box that held an extradimensional space that was actually a 5'x5'x5' box. this would always be static free. and it would only weigh one once no matter what was put in it...oh yah constant temp of 10c to be safe...

[EG]~NaTz~ said:
uhhhh a 1"x1"x1" box that held an extradimensional space that was actually a 5'x5'x5' box. this would always be static free. and it would only weigh one once no matter what was put in it...oh yah constant temp of 10c to be safe...

LOL :D

Please obey the laws of physics for now......

ok on with the stupidness! :cool:

My deram water cooled box would be:

Black transluscent plexi case.
clear hose, custom water block with clear top
UV led array at top.
blue uv reactactive dye in water
evaporative cooling tower insted of radatior
cooling tower done with clear 4" plezi tube
super purple led illumination in tank (excites uv dye mildly)
rigid pipe to comp
sorta a sci-fi industrial look to everything

hmm... lian li pc76 watercooled dualy's, 4 200GB 8mb cache window'ed WD hdd's on raid. 3gb pc3^^^ ram & tons more...

lots of neons, lighted fans, and window stuff too

A case with a big red glowing lens that tells me it can't let me do something...

No seriously,

I want case manufacturers to start putting a "basement" in the case where the pump can go and the basement is shielded.

*edit* emi shielded.

*edit2* built-in adjustable heatercore holders with slide adjustable intake/exhaust.

*edit3* built in luggage style wheels and sliding handles!

Back