• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

samsung pc2700 that sucks!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

augustwest

i had 256mb of samsung pc2700 that i bought from newegg a while back (see the sigi) i just recently bought the same thing (so i thought) from googlegear. its the same thing but just wont overclock worth a damn. ive ****ed my reg twice tonight. id like to send it back and say well it works fine at when my fsb is at stock but who the hell would have there fsb at stock. (procede to tell them that it dont oc worth **** and to stick it up there ***) but i prolly wont. itll sit here and rot. oh well. :mad:

try to raise the Vdim and change the fsb:agp:ratio and post some more details and your specs

If it is original samsung it will have a white label on the stick. Look at the one bought from new egg an see after the numbers ctl this was the good samsung newegg sold a while back. The new sammy will have dtm or dtl on it an does not run as high a fsb as the ctl. The ctl was very good memory but hard to get a hold of now.

i got a stick of the CTL 256meg for $70 on newegg. runs fsb 193. nice stick of ram.

Edit: took v-dimm up and now running 400mhz fsb with sammy CTL pc2700. 11x200, sisoft sandra benches 3015.:D

Last edited:
WinXP said:
If it is original samsung it will have a white label on the stick. Look at the one bought from new egg an see after the numbers ctl this was the good samsung newegg sold a while back. The new sammy will have dtm or dtl on it an does not run as high a fsb as the ctl. The ctl was very good memory but hard to get a hold of now.

I have DTL samsung 256mb stick and it runs 190fsb no prob :D

Back