• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions needed please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scanido

My current water setup is in my sig, its a Black Ice Pro w/ 70CFM Panaflo L1A, but like all, i know that my cooling system could improve. This is what i could upgrade within my size constraints:

option 1 More CFM -> same radiator:
Black Ice Pro w/ more CFM from Panaflo M1A @ 86CFM

or

option 2 More Radiator -> same CFM:
Black Ice Extreme w/ Antec 120mm * 25mm @ 70CFM (same CFM as now)

As much as i would like to put a heatercore I have absolutely NO room so that is out of the question. Considering these two options which one will give me better temps and why?

Btw, I only plan to cool my CPU and nothing else and want to make sure that i won't need to upgrade my cooling anymore as CPUs get hotter later on.

Thanks for your help

Steve C.

I think that going with the black ice extreme would be better, but I would not upgrade anything unless you are going with a heater core or something comparable, bc the extreme will not give you that much better temperatures, especially for the price....

I have a never used BIX rev 2.0 which I would be willing to let go for a fair price. I got it before I decided to upgrade to a bigger case.

PM if you are interested.

Thanks for your replies,

...but i still don't know whether the first option will yeild better results than the second one w/ the Black Ice extreme. I know a heater core is better in every way except size (width-wize) and with that i cannot go with. I'm already crammed w/ space and the max i can squeeze is a Black Ice extreme w/ a 25mm (width) fan, really tight but it'll work. Also, the availability of a black ice extreme is very convenient at this moment and makes it a plus.

So, is it worth the upgrade to the bigger radiator, w the same CFM(70) fan or should i just stick w/ my current Black Ice Pro but get a a stronger fan (86CFM), which setup will perform better? Am i looking at big temp drops w/ the bigger rad. Btw, I'm using an Eheim 1048 if it helps!

What would you do?

Thanks for your insights!

yah or a more balsy fan i mean i have 80mm's with more kick than that. but then again ur neighbors cant hear ur pc. well neither can i (anymore).

Wangster
Borrow a higher cfm fan and test your temperatures.

Thanks....that helped a lot! :)

Ok i made up my mind. I'm gonna go with more CFM, the Panaflo H1A @ 100CFM should be better. I just don't want to have this current rad as a paper weight and plus i thinkk the BIX will lower my flow rate too. Thanks all....

Back