• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Safe voltage for DDR? And o'cing results on my strange stick of DDR...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i810 Forever

As I posted recently, I found a weird looking stick of PC-2100 at work, with weird chips- not TSOP or TSOP-II, they are around BGA sized but definately not BGA. They are marked "TMTc", and the only info I've been able to find about this RAM is that it is 6.5ns.

At 2.60v, 10x mult, and 155Mhz fsb, with the CPU at 1550Mhz/RAM @ 310Mhz, I can do CAS2 seemingly fine until it crashes in Prime95 at ~600 tests.

According to the Epox temp utility, the chip hits 103 degrees Farenheit at that point, and then I get a BSOD type screen from XP saying "Hardware Failure. Contact your Hardware Vendor".

Is it likely that my problem is temps? or can I give the RAM some more voltage?

BTW- I scored 260fps in Quake3 TimeDemo 001 at those settings, I was extremely impressed. My friend's P4 1.6A @ 2.13Ghz only gets 200fps! :p (but of course I have a 9700 Pro and he's got an 8500... :D )

Anything over 10% spec (2.5V) can start to harm the RAM
going 15% over gets ricsky
20% over, killing the RAM is likly and then benifts of the increase in voltage start to fade rather fast

Back