• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooler Scum Problem! Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melbogia

Hello, I am still kinda new to watercooling I have a home made waterblock. My problem is after about acouple of months of keeping my computer on straight I found out just acouple of weeks ago my temps have gone up too 80 Degrees celcius (I have a T-Bird) so after spending 2 hours trying to figure out wtf the problem was I decided to crack open the waterblock and what do I find???? A big square mold of the inside of my waterblock (it looked like jello) anyways I would like to know how would I go by fixing this so I dont have to clean my waterblock every few months (I do clean my water every two weeks). And whats the best program to monitor cpu temps and will turn off my comp if it gets too hot? I tried MBM but it does not have the option to turn off my comp when overheating.

Sincerely

Melbogia

get some water wetter...it kills all that nasty crap. and what mobo do you have? if it is halfway new one they often have an option to shut down at a certain temp....just look in the bios

I have a A-Bit KT7-A I just wanna make sure because since this last miss hap I am kinda worried about leaving my comp on all the time now.

TFA>Melbogia

Do you have any idea's where I might be able to find this water wetter in a city?

Melbogia

Auto part stores or motorbike stores might have it. Look for REDLINE OIL , they make the stuff and have their own stores also.

if you cnat find water wetter, just use a little bit of anti-frezze, like around 4-6oz per imp gallon of destilled purified water, do not use tap water, this is why you should not use tap water, also you could add all little bite of rubbing alchol 6-8oz per imp gallon of water, and run this will clean out and steralise your system for you, but if you do the alchol one, chage out that solution for another wataer mix in a few days after you have flushed it out nice and good.

Hey another thing my waterblock is sort of built with some silicon is antifreeze or water wetter corrode the silicon?

Melbogia

Today at work I was very bored so I decided to phone around and after 10 calls I found a place in Edmonton that sell's Water Wetter woot! Thx all for the help I hope this works. Any idea how long the water wetter works in the water? Like what is the lifetime on it before it just stops working?

Melbogia

Back