• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mcw5000....woopsy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

y0bailey

i just got the mcw5000 and making the newbie mistake of not getting the right sized components to go with it i have had a long day. damn thing is for 1/2" OD not ID. i figured a high performance block would have 1/2ID. but oh well i broke the hell out of it, and right now its sitting next to me drying (i like the smell of the fumes). but let me tell you the flow through that ******* is gonna be nice. if she aint leaking tommorow morning i'll send some pics of my brand new mangled swifty. if she is leaking, back to the drawing board, or back into my wallet to get a new block with bigger fittings.

did you like JBWELD some connections in?Welcome to the forums BTW~

FYI, it should come with fittings....... (converters)

it didn't....and instead of waiting for them to ship i tore the whole thing apart....but the sad thing is, it probably wont work. and nope i didnt weld them, i dont have any equipment. i instead ghetto rigged it. the pics will show how horrid it is. i didn't really like the way the tubes would be installed anyways. i would rather just have some brass fittings

JBWELD= epoxy :D not welding :D hurry and get a pic, and if you killed it~ PM me, if ya dont want it anymore :D

ahh well then i guess i did JBWELD it...haha. i really gooped it up so hopefully no leaks. i basically pulled out the entire connecting apparatus thingybobber that came with the block and bought new parts to replace it. the only thing i'm worried about is the threads not leaking...you know like when you screw in a garden hose you would think it would be tight but it always leaks. i put o-rings around it and some more epoxy, but who knows. i'm still a little worried about my dangerden res i won off ebay. it says it has 1/2 fittings but no OD or ID. so i will probably have fun messing around with that in a desperate attempt to keep everything flowing smooth and fast, but hey i gotta hope for the best. you know anything about the dangerden res? i'm already assuming 1/2 OD.

Back