• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone using Powerleap 1.4 CPU for BF6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beezle

Registered
The Power leap is kind of pricey? Does anyone know how it is with the BF6? I am thinking to upgrade but am not sure if I should do the Powerleap or a 1Ghz celeron? As everyone knows, the pentium 3 slot 1's have skyrocketed and will probably never come back downso i think cumine celeron and powerleap are probably my only choices.

On a separate note, I tried upgrading to 1.1 ghz celeron a few months ago, and it first booted okay but crashed minutes later. After another reboot, I heard something pop and then smelled some smoke (guess i fried something). I talked to Abit tech support and they determined the board was dead. They sent me a replacement. (I returned the cpu in the meantime in case it was also dead). Anyone have any ideas about what happened? Also, the heatsink was huge and was just barely almost touching the BX green chipset thing centered between the cpu slot and the dimm slots. Anyone know what i am talking about? Has anyone found a problem with the size of the heatsink using a slotket? I am using the super slocket 3 as described at the following link

http://www.memoryshippers.com/shop/test3.asp?did=28&pid=922

Back