• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problems on new P4PE system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglescouter

Frustrating Senior SETI Nut!
Brand new system assembled tonight. What fun. I have encountered the following problems and could use some polite suggestions:

1. Power fan speed in the bios shows in red, 1430 RPM. This is for my true 430 power supply. System will not finish booting if the power fan is monitored. Change to ignore and it boots fine.

2. Onboard sound does not work. Keeps looking for files from Win98SE disk including:
mspclock.sys
mskssrv.sys
kscolckf.ax
ksdata.ax
ksinterf.ax
ksproxy.ax
kspointf.ax
I did load the sound drivers from the P4PE CDRom, upon reboot the system found new hardware and wanted the Win98SE disk and then it cannot find the files there.

Thanks for the assist, this is my first build.

try going to asus' website and downloading sound drivers for win 98. also update your bios. i too have had the PS fan speed be in red in BIOS and i have no idea why. anways try that out and tell us what happens

if the fan speed is below 1500 it will be in red and that is a trigger in asus probe to say there is a problem. just turn the stupid thing off. it seems antec power supply is high quality and i trust it to ramp up its fan when/if it ever needs to. i havent seen it have to yet playing 4+hours of EQ or morrowind. /shrug

sorry i cant help with the driver situation. i ran 2000 on this rig and the sound files on the cd worked. like dude said before me go to asus website and smack them around a bit to give you the right drivers.

later

I have an Enermax Power Supply and it is doing the same thing with the fan. I did as suggested and just turned it off. Quality supplies like this one are pretty trust-worthy so I feel ok with that.

Update:

Reformatted hard drive, reloaded Asus drivers:

Result: No audio problems. System is running smoothly, with the exception of the fan problem previously reported.

Thank you all for your assistance and guidance. :D

Yea I also have a Antec Trupower and get the same red reading in BIOS..(around 1,330 RPMs) I just disabled it there being it still gets monitored in windows w/ asus probe etc.

Back