• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking hard at Corsair XMS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

travenwatts

while browsing at NewEgg it seems that the pc3000 is always priced higher that the pc3200? why is this? it seems none of the prices make sense.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...147&manufactory=1666&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1

just check that out. you would think the higher the RAM the price would go up. also the platinum series should be higher too, shouldn't it. is there some fine print i am missing here?

oh, and a noob question. what is the differenc b/w:

512MB 32MX8 PC-3200C2
512MB 64MX64 PC-3200C2PT

besides the "PT" part. that just means platinum right?

Yes PT just means platinum, the difference between

512MB 32MX8 PC-3200C2
512MB 64MX64 PC-3200C2PT

is in structure of the chips on the actual stick of RAM, what the actual difference is between the stuctures, im not sure, but the price differance is probably bacuase one is retail and the other is OEM (i cant check for myself right now, my school comp wont let me)

Matt

I got mine there too...and it will be here tomorrow when I come home from work. YAY! saved $15 or so bucks, and came with faster delivery.

ive been thinking about the corsair xms 3000 or 3200 too. what is the difference between the two? the xms has the pretty heat spreaders right?

yeah googlerear is great. fast cheap shipping. the samsung pc2700 that i got from them the other day was shipped ups 2 day air for .50 i dont think anyone can top that other than free, but their prices are good too. the samsung i got didnt overclock worth **** so i ended up ****ing my registry twice in one night but thats not googlegears fault.

so how bout that corsair xms?

augustwest said:
ive been thinking about the corsair xms 3000 or 3200 too. what is the difference between the two? the xms has the pretty heat spreaders right?

so how bout that corsair xms?

XMS just stands for "Xtreme Memory Speed" You can buy the memory with the platinum heat spreaders for an extra $5.

pc3000 is tested to run smoothly at 185mhz or the memory clock of 370 (double the front side bus)

pc3200 is tested at 200mhz

I would definitely recommend a 512 stick of corsair pc3200, that's what I have in my computer right now, and I have NEVER had any problems with it. It runs like a CHAMP :D

augustwest said:

yeah googlerear is great. fast cheap shipping. the samsung pc2700 that i got from them the other day was shipped ups 2 day air for .50 i dont think anyone can top that other than free, but their prices are good too. the samsung i got didnt overclock worth **** so i ended up ****ing my registry twice in one night but thats not googlegears fault.

That's because they dont sell the original Sammy's :)

I purchased my Kingston from them too.

Back