• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slot A Athlon waterblock..where can one be found?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

Does anybody know where I can find a Slot A Athlon waterblock, or a compatable Slot 1 Block...?

Forget watercooling! Upgrade your ghetto a s s system first! LOL I got rid of my Slot A system last year!

There's slot cpu brackets at becooling <link).
There's also an aluminum block there, but you could adapt the brackets with holes to fit almost any thinner block.

SuperMan0234 said:
Forget watercooling! Upgrade your ghetto a s s system first! LOL I got rid of my Slot A system last year!

Hehe..God I love people like this...:rolleyes:...He even went so far as to get past the censor to insult...Such lovely work...hes an expert...;)

Anyway thanks Diggrr..It looks like that will work great, and even work with dangerdens slot block...thats is if they will make it for me...Now All I have to is make or find a shim for a slot a thunderbird.....hmm...wonder if the pads off the thunderbird socket chips will work.....

Thanks and Laterz...

If you crack open the Athlon's case, you can then use the actual mounting holes on the chip board itself. Then, you'd just need to find a compatable waterblock that you can drill & tap holes into for mounting.

If you use a pelt with cold plate, the cold plate can easily be drilled to fit the Athlon mounting holes, then used with pretty much any waterblock.

Can O' Beans said:
If you crack open the Athlon's case, you can then use the actual mounting holes on the chip board itself. Then, you'd just need to find a compatable waterblock that you can drill & tap holes into for mounting.

If you use a pelt with cold plate, the cold plate can easily be drilled to fit the Athlon mounting holes, then used with pretty much any waterblock.

Hmm...I will get into pelts after I get my first watercooling setup done...Because this will be my first. This is my plan:

First: Basic watercooling setup.
Second: Waterbong Setup
Third: Waterchilling
Fourth: Possible Pelt cooling you suggested.
If the waterblock I get isnt to wide I will use nylon bolts (they are those white plastic bolts right?)and use the CPUs mounting holes to secure the block...

Thanks again...Any more help would be great.

The cost of a new motherboard / cpu is close enought to newer parts if you try... I really suggest not buying anything else for your Slot A board. I assume you're going for overclocking, but I really think you should know that whatever you do is bearly going to bump your speed.

Just get a new Mobo/CPU. You can find those cheap enough.

I think this article I wrote a while back might be of interest to you. I still have the processor / waterblock and the both work very well even now. I just need a new mobo for it since I destroyed the northbridge trying to remove a waterblock :rolleyes:

image.php

Whoa thanks G33k...

I just got an Idea from that article....
Guys the reason Im getting into cooling a SLot A AThlon so much right now is because me and a friend are going to have an overclocking contest to see can get the highest slot A overclock...and since we can find these slot A chips for like 30-40 bucks each, (thunderbird and classic)...

There are no rulz in this contest Really...just overclock anyway we can...

2 Slot A Athlon systems and 2 ATi Radeon 9500's...

Back