• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 Sticks vs. 1 Stick

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WA2 said:
performance is same...better ocing on 2 sticks though
Uhh, this is not really true. When running 2 sticks, you can only go as fast as the weakest link. Generally you will get a higher FSB with one stick than multiples. Of course on the NF2 boards running 2 sticks gives you 128 bit or Dual DDR where VIA you don't. On VIA chipsets I always ran 1 stick of 512...

see i heard that one stick could overclock higher, and when two sticks were used the FSB had to be dropped a bit.

i have an Nforce2 Asus, and i am goign to get 512MB OCZ PC3500 EL DDR (yes i know ocz, but i am goign to take the risk on this EL stuff as it has had rave reviews, better than corsair i heard) but whether to get 2x256 or 1x512. Also i thought with being able to get the FSB higher on one stick wouldnt that counter the disadvantage of not running in dual channel mode??

cheers

NANA

Back