• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Food Coloring Ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Genocide

I know this has been discussed many times before, but I'm still not sure if its bad to use food coloring in your watercooling system. Some people say it worked perfectly for a year, it didnt raise their temps much if any, and it didnt stain their tubes, while others curse it saying it left a nasty film behind.

If ya'll could just say if it worked good or bad, or recommend a better, easy to aquire replacement? Im looking for a deep red color, but I havent come across any good UV dyes or highlighter dyes that are dark enough, most of them are just pink =( Any responses would be much appreciated.

BTW I currently have a Maze3 block (clear top) with Tygon R-3603 tubing.

Hiya. Food colouring is okay, but dont use too much or else your tubing will be coated with the remains. That is to say that if you run it 24/7, the coating will come. All I advise is to put a small amount, enough to see the differance, dont overload it :) Temps aren't affected, mine are nice....

alright cool, ill have to go pick some up tonight, thanks for the advice =D

I only used 2 drops of blue food coloring in my system to get the UV dye from yellow to a nice Yoda green :)

It takes very little ..

lol, go get yourself a highlighet. i had one, cracked itopen, took off the clear plastic surroundeing that ink rod, and just dipped the entire thing in water. BAM, it's huge color, like I don't have my UV light on and I can see it's clearly bright green

And yse it works perfectly with UV light. Cost me all 25 cents I paid my friend ;)

Back