• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*sigh*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Axle

Well, it don't fit. I was all excited because I got my TC4 (1/2"), and my two Innovatek blocks (GF4 & NB) today, only a day or two after getting my 10ft 3/8" tygon. *sigh*.

The 3/8 tygon does indeed fit over the 1/2 barbs on the TC4, it does not, however, fit into the Innovatek blocks. I think it's a good possibility that it said 3/8" OD, meaning what, 1/4 ID? This is seriously not cool.

So I come to y'all for advice. What to do? I've only got a maxi jet (295GPH) powering the whole thing, but it's taking it out for a bucket instead of a rad. How should I tube this thing up? Like Gavin? Or what. Please help me out here, y'all, please? I was all looking foward to it this weekend, and now it's like BAM!

*small muderous rampage in background*

You might be able to find a barbed tee, with different size barbs. Otherwise, you could build your own tee out of PVC or brass parts.

Personally, what I'd do is get some 3/8" OD thinwall copper tubing. Cut off a pair of 1-1/2" lengths, deburr them, and insert into the Innovatek fittings. Then you have something close to 3/8" barbs, but with much greater inner diameter.
Use hose clamps, because the copper being the same OD as the Tygon's ID wouldn't make the most secure seal, but it does work.

Hope that helps ya bud!

I don't know the Innovatek blocks, but can't you just remove the current barbs and replace with 3/8"?

Back