• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a good motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdoneg

Registered
Looking for a motherboard under $150 with the following features. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

AGP 8x
533 MHZ FSB
DDR 333 or 400
Good Overclocking capabilities

an intel chipset with those specs wont arrive until Q2 2003 with the springdale chipset. and a granite bay board might not be that cheap for a couple of months if ever since its a 6-layer PCB. for now i wouldnt worry about AGP 8X anyways as there are no apps that will fully utilize it.

OK, so ditch the agp 8x.
What company makes the most reliable and user-friendly card.

I've been looking around and have seen these 2 boards.

Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra 2
Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra

What are the differences in these 2 boards. All I can tell is that the plain old Ultra is generally $40 cheaper. Also if you know any places that offer great prices.

My humble recommendation is the IT7, not the Max version. It doesn't "officially" support DDR400, but I haven't had any problem running it. I've had a 1.6A, and 2.4B both in it, and they both hit 166 FSB. The 1.6 hit 175 for a few seconds, it wasn't the board holding me back, the CPU had reached it's limit.

steve

Back