• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios confusment

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxwedge

I just ran into something with my system that I don't quite understand. Listen to a little story here...I've had a bios with mr natural's 7f on my TH711. I bought a new bios rom with the bf bios flashed on it and also one of those Bios Savior's (cool thing). Anyway, tonight I swaped out the 7f rom for the bf rom with the bios Savior, and right away went into bios to set it up. To my suprise all my settings were the same! And it definitley load the bf. I thought all the settings are stored in the bios chip. Where else could they be stored to load into the new bios chip? In the cpu's L1 or L2 cache? I'm confused about this.:confused:

there not in the cpu, there in the bios chip, maybe you should do something with custom settings in the bios?

The Bios chip I put in was Brand new from abit and had the bf bios preflashed on it. I bought it as a back up in case I messed one up. When I booted up I went right into bios set up and found all my settings were the same as the bios chip I took out. I'm not kidding...just in and out with the chips. I'm just trying to figure out how this can happen.

Ok I figured it out. I always thought that cmos was on the bios chip but I guess it's stored on a small memory chip some were on the board. I didn't clear the cmos when I swaped chips.

Back